This course discusses personal attributes and behaviors beneficial to transportation service employees and describes procedures and techniques for accomplishing transportation service job tasks. The course is presented in two semesters.
Focuses on attitudes and behaviors transportation service professionals should recognize, modify, and control. It discusses methods for communicating across cultural lines, defines bullying and characteristics of bullies, and describes techniques for teaching children tolerance and acceptance of others. It discusses sexual harassment in the workplace, stress management techniques, time management principles, and effective conflict resolution/management methods. It defines anger, including components of childhood anger, and elements of effective anger management. It also describes types of child abuse, indicators of abuse, risk factors, key elements of abuse reporting, and actions that should be taken with a child when abuse is suspected or reported.
Discusses purposes of a discipline policy and details rules and procedures school bus passengers are expected to follow. It defines proper procedures for operating a school bus, including mirror settings, blind spots, mirror usage, steering, turning around, backing and approaching and crossing railroad tracks. It also describes proper procedures for picking up and discharging passengers and for safely transporting students with special needs.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Certified Transportation Services I: Semester 1
- Conflict Resolution for Adults
- Cross-Cultural Communication
- Sexual Harassment Awareness
- Stress Management
- Time Management
- Student Management
- Conflict Management for Children
- Childhood Anger and Anger Management
- Bullying Identification and Prevention
- Identifying and Reporting Child Abuse
- Sexual Abuse Awareness
- Physical Abuse Awareness
- Certified Transportation Services I: Semester 1 Test
Certified Transportation Services I Semester 2
- Knowing Your Route
- Pickup and Discharge Procedures
- Railroad Crossing Safety
- Stress and Driver Attitude
- Vehicle Operation
- Students with Special Needs: The Basics
- Students with Special Needs: Recognizing and Relating to Students
- Students with Special Needs: Loading and Unloading
- Students with Special Needs: Handling Emergency Situations
- Certified Transportation Services I: Semester 2 Test